Thursday, December 26, 2013

Finding a New Way

I just kicked a bad habit (video games), and to prevent a relapse I need something to fill the void. This probably doesn't sound like a big deal to anyone else, but giving up video games meant giving up something that I was great at it. I was kind of a big deal, and it was waaaaaaay more important to me than it should have been. It wasn't long after giving 'em up that I realized I needed (wanted?) a new way to feel like that, but something healthier. So here I am, trying my hand at writing when the most I've ever creatively written is a weekly Fantasy Football email to my league where I generally try to heap as much abuse on my closest friends as they can tolerate.

The last thing I thought before starting this blog, the thing that finally made me bite the bullet and go for it, is that this whole thing can still work for me even if another person never even sees this thing. I've thought about doing this for some time now, and I'm at the point where I want to do it because I'm at a crossroads in life where I want to rededicate myself to being a better man, and I think writing will help me get there.

At any rate, it's the day after Christmas, I'm starting a new blog about being a married 20-something and finding new ways to enjoy life, and I'm supposed to be about three hours into a drive right now to go see my in-laws! Responsibility!

No comments:

Post a Comment